We are awarding a $1,000.00 scholarship to one person, meeting the below criteria:
Applicant must be a member of the Military or a child of a parent who is a Military member.
The parent or applicant must be in active duty, reserve or a veteran of the U.S. Military. A Military member killed while serving the U.S. Military. If the applicant is discharged, they must have received an honorable discharge. Additionally applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must have at least a 2.00 GPA from a 4.00 scale.
- Attending or planning to attend a college or career training school.
- A resident of Kane, DuPage or Will County.
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- Current resume with contact and education information;
- An official or unofficial academic transcript, and
- An essay of 500-700 words, describing your experience as a child or member of the Military. Explain the struggles involved and what lessons the experience of serving the U.S. Military has taught you.
- The deadline to apply for The First Generation Scholarship is December 15, 2019.
- All application must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline to be considered for this award. Please include all of the required documents (resume, transcript, essay) in one email with the subject line: “(Applicant’s Name)- Scholarship