As professionals, taxi drivers have a duty of care to their passengers. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a taxi accident, the driver might be financially liable. You may also collect compensation from the taxi company.
You should be solely focused on recovery. The team at Cullotta Bravo Law Group will file and complete your case.
You may Receive Compensation for Damages After a Taxi Accident
Each taxi accident victim suffers unique losses. Our team is prepared to:
- Speak with you about your accident
- Obtain diagnoses of your injuries
- Identify your economic and non-economic losses
- Calculate the cost of your losses
- Seek fair compensation
Losses from a taxi accident can include trauma, financial harm, diminished quality of life, and property damage. More specifically, our firm will seek coverage for:
- Repair of your vehicle
- Temporary transportation
- Emergency and non-emergency medical care
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Costs from a permanent disability
- Lost income, productivity, and earning power
- Pain and suffering
You may deserve complete coverage for your losses. Cullotta Bravo Law Group recently secured a $1.3 million verdict for victims of a fatal traffic accident. We will fight for the awards that you deserve.
When is a Motorist at Fault?
A single year in Illinois can see more than 5,000 taxi accidents, per the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) (p.47). An unknown number of those accidents stem from a taxi driver’s negligence.
A taxi driver owes you a duty of safety. So does any other driver who might strike the taxi that you are in. A motorist is negligent if they act in an unreasonable manner that causes harm to others.
A motorist is generally liable if they caused your accident by:
- Making an illegal maneuver
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving an unsafe vehicle
A motorist—your taxi driver or another party—may owe you compensation if they contributed to your collision. By causing your taxi accident, they caused your injuries and related losses.
How Cullotta Bravo Law Group Will Assist You
Our team understands the complexities of taxi accidents. Unlike some other accident types, taxi accident cases can involve multiple defendants. We may sue:
- The taxi driver
- The taxi company
- Another specific employee
- A vehicle or part manufacturer
- A governmental entity
Our firm determines liability for you. We will identify every party who owes you compensation. We complete every duty necessary to resolve your case, including:
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Determining whether you should complete an insurance claim or bring a lawsuit
- Drafting and filing all case-related paperwork
- Making appearances on your behalf
- Hiring experts to help with your case
- Documenting injuries, lost income, and other losses
- Completing settlement negotiations
- Defending you from anyone who would violate your rights
The American Bar Association (ABA) lists settlements as the most common outcome for civil cases. When we can’t settle a case, we fight hard for the client at trial.
Our goal for every case is fair compensation. This will be our target for you or a loved one injured in a taxi accident. We also handle wrongful death claims.
We Help All Types of Victims
You may be eligible for compensation if you:
- Suffered injuries while riding in a taxi
- Suffered injuries while driving or riding in a vehicle struck by a taxi
- Were struck while getting into or out of a taxi
- Were struck by a taxi as a pedestrian
You may also sue for wrongful death if your loved one died in a taxi accident. The specific circumstances of your accident may determine who is liable for your losses.
Our team will fight for the compensation that you or a loved one deserves.
Call Cullotta Bravo Law Firm Today
We have over thirty years’ experience seeking compensation for accident victims. You worry about getting your life back to normal. We’ll handle your case.
You pay no out-of-pocket cost to hire Cullotta Bravo Law Group. We only get paid if we win for you. Call our team today at 630-898-7800 for a free consultation. You can also contact us online through this link.
Don’t wait to call. Important deadlines may limit our timeframe for filing your case. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin work on your case.