Much of Illinois is under construction at any given time, forcing motorists and workers to operate in close, dangerous quarters. When you suffer injuries as a motorist or worker due to a construction zone accident, you deserve fair compensation for your damages.
A construction zone accident attorney from Cullotta Bravo Law can advise you on everything accident-related and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Is a Construction Zone Accident?
A construction zone accident happens when a motorist collides with features of a work zone, including:
- Concrete barriers
- Heavy machinery
- Traffic cones
- Construction vehicles
- Any other item that would not be present if not for a construction zone
Collisions between motorists and construction workers also qualify as construction zone accidents. The Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association (IRTBA) estimates that between 4,500 and 5,500 construction zone accidents happen yearly on Illinois roads.
Each construction zone accident warrants careful examination, and victims deserve the compensation they are entitled to. Serving justice is where Cullotta Bravo Law comes in.
Who Is Financially Liable for Damages From a Construction Zone Accident?
Construction zone accident cases are often complex, and potential defendants include:
- The municipality (city or county) where the accident happened
- A contractor in charge of the construction zone
- The manufacturer of defective construction equipment that contributes to a collision
- Any other party that contributed to your construction zone accident
Some parties are financially liable even though they do not directly contribute to the construction zone accident. For example, an employer may be responsible when their employee sets a concrete barrier too close to the roadway, causing an accident.
We will determine the precise cause of your accident and identify those responsible for your damages.
Should I Talk to a Lawyer, and if So, Is Cullotta Bravo Law the Right Firm?
We encourage you to speak to a lawyer about a construction zone accident case. Cullotta Bravo Law has represented clients throughout Illinois for over 30 years, developing a reputation for honesty, compassion, and tireless work ethic.
Clients choose us because:
- We have multiple offices in Illinois, allowing us to provide in-person representation
- We have a long track record of substantial financial recoveries
- We offer elite client service and boundless compassion for our clients
- Auto accident cases are our bread and butter, and we have decades of experience winning cases like yours
We won’t hesitate to hire experts who may prove fault for your construction zone accident or help us in other ways. These experts’ fees will come at no additional cost to you and could be a key piece in winning your case.
Recoverable Damages for an Illinois Construction Zone Accident Case
If you suffered non-fatal injuries during a construction zone accident in Illinois, your recoverable damages may include:
- All accident-related medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Professional damages, including lost income
- Vehicle repairs
- Repair or replacement of any personal property damaged during the accident (cell phone, clothing, accessories)
- Rehabilitation costs
- Temporary transportation
- Mental health treatment for accident-related trauma
Every client we represent has a unique story, and damages are a pivotal piece of the story. Your damages will determine the value of your settlement, so we’ll thoroughly identify each of those accident-related damages.
Recoverable Damages in a Fatal Work Zone Accident Case
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) notes that work zone deaths increased by 10.8 percent between 2020 and 2021, an alarming trend that takes a tragic human toll.
With heavy hearts, Cullotta Bravo Law represents survivors of fatal work zone accidents in Illinois. Recoverable damages in these cases can include:
- Funeral expenses
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Lost financial support
- Loss of household services
- Pain and suffering (including grief)
You may have additional damages, and we’ll account for them. Trust the empathetic, determined attorneys at Cullotta Bravo Law to get justice for your loss or your non-fatal injuries.
Call Cullotta Bravo Law Today for the Tenacious Legal Help You Deserve After a Construction Zone Accident
Every construction zone accident victim in Illinois deserves justice. We work hard to see that justice is done by delivering the financial recoveries our clients are entitled to.
Call the Cullotta Bravo Law team today at 630-898-7800 for your free, no-obligation consultation. You can also contact us online, and a team member will contact you.